View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
When I was driving my Spitfire, people tended not to notice me, or, just didn't think I was driving a "real car." I toyed with the idea of mounting a cannon that launched eggs with conpressed air, for those drivers who pulled out in front of me. Also wanted to mount a 2 million candlepower lilght in the back window for the tailgating semis.
Amazing. I had similar fantasies, only it was my A/H Sprite, and MG Midget, before the Spit...

One involved bright lights behind me. Similar to your idea Randy, a bank of old Lucas "Flamethrowers" would rise from the trunk on a sissor jack, and proceed to burn all the paint from the offending tailgaters hood....

The other was the result of a real situation where a guy raced up to me in heavy traffic and laid on his horn. Scaring me half to death, I pulled over, he went ahead....right into a pack of bumper-to-bumper traffic. I couldn't resist putting the horn to him....the look of his eyes in the rearview was worth it! Anyway, the horn fantasy is to mount the horns from a CSX diesel on a similar sissor jack arrangement. Either through a port in the hood, or the trunk lid raising, the horns would elevate....the compressor would build up pressure, and BBBBRRRRRAAAAAKKKKK! I would watch the twirps hood (or trunk lid) peel back with decibel precision.

Like you, I always thought we drivers of little cars needed some BIG help..... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"