View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 AM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Key=God mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subix View Post
So while I've been trying (not) to drive my SVX because of the shakey shake issue which is hopefully only the O2 sensor (which should have been in the mail yesterday), I've been driving the Impreza.

So I drove the preza to the store only to look down and realize it was my SVX key in the ignition.... kind of baffled I was thinking maybe it's just because I have a crappy ignition.... so I proceeded to lock/unlock the doors and opened the trunk to the Impreza, all with my SVX key.

Just curious but has anyone had a similar experience? I'm tempted to pull over and start up the next Impreza I see on the side of the road just to see how well my newly found SVXGodKey works. (Don't mind me if I somehow magically have like 12 imprezas chilling in my drive way anytime in the near future)

It's a 93 btw... the Impreza. Someone in the Subaru labs have a key fab flaw/mishap perhaps? Just odd it seems....
Actually, it's more common than you might think. Whenever someone inadvertantly locks the keys in one of our cars (or even a customer or a friend of ours with a Subaru), we immediately round up ALL our Subaru keys and try them all. Sometimes you get lucky!

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint