View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mummert View Post
Hello. old timer(s). Well, for some reason I stumbled upon this thread, & as I had no idea what a trunk fuel resister was, I vaguely followed along. I have neither the talent, or ability to deal with such a problem, so I'd no doubt dump the issue upon my "Do-it-all" local mechanic, & say "fix it" - "here's my blank check". But, so far, my '92 with 166k has never experienced said nightmare. So, the question is.........how common is this problem, & am I whistling in an approaching graveyard? Thanks to all....especially the old kiwi fart.

Ron.
Problem as it stands is the replacement part is no longer available. Looking for an alternative will be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Hey guys, just got an email from John about this.

The resistor I replaced was the transmission dropping resistor. As far as I know, it is still working well. But this sounds like a different resistor. Luckily, I believe these resistors come in a range of values, including 1 Ohm. You should be able to find them, and heatsinks, on Digikey, Mouser or Newark.

Trevor, I will email you. Not sure what is going on with the email.
That is unfortunate. The resistor looks very similar to the fuel one being discussed in this thread. I guess the hope will be a similar fix would also address this issue.

I spent some time this morning looking at fuel resistors used in other Subaru's hoping to find something that could be used. It seems many models have a similar fuel resistor and could be a cheap alternative to building our own.