View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:00 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Trunk Fuel Resistor

Wow, I did not check quickly enough to see all the posts that I have missed.

Ian - Thank you very much for this tedious check. It is not lost on me how much effort is involved and once again I want to thank you.

Trevor - I am extremely fortunate to have such a methodical and detailed member assisting with this trace-down.

If I am following you correctly, because the reading of Ian's resistor off the car measures in-line with what I observed, you believe it to be an internal grounding issue within the resistor. I also agree that it would be very unlikely that both are faulty - but as these similarly aged cars are compared it could happen.

I messaged Huskymaniac regarding a thread he created in 2017 about a dropping fuel resistor and his homemade fix. I was looking for updates and feedback regarding his fix and if he noticed any non-reported side effects. I am between replacing my resistor with another used one or build my own as Huskymaniac presented but would love to hear any feedback from the forum.