Thread: booklet price
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Re: booklet price

An enthusiast indeed.

The SVX was bought as an cheap interim business car as I just didn't want any boring appliance type of car. It was either the SVX or a Porsche 944. The latter had high insurance & high maintenance costs, so the SVX it was.

About mid-next I will be purchasing another 'business car' - an E39 BMW M5 (in anthracite grey) from a good friend who has fastidiously maintained the car.

Approx. a year or so later, my wife & I are off on a European holiday where I will be buying a Alfa Romeo SZ (ES30) - love it or hate it styling. Me, I love it.

I am also an old Ford Capri fan & should funding allow, I wouldn't mind securing a black Tickford Capri while on the Euro trip.

In good time, when prices have dropped sufficiently, I hope to also add a white Porsche GT3.

So, the (large-ish) garage will have kaleidoscope of colours being a red SVX, anthracite grey M5, red SZ, white GT3, maybe a black Tickford Capri & of course the wife's blue Swift (great city runabout).

In each case, except perhaps the Swift, I obtain all the relevant material (books, brochures, models etc). Life is too short to not to be an enthusiast & enjoy affordable (relatively speaking) automotive engineering & design marvels. In the case of the SVX, the 'Joy of SVX' you mention is the same as the brochure won on TM & in very good/excellent condition.

On the matter of a get together, is there a regional moderator/co-coordinator or do we just take things into our own hands & get on with it?

Last edited by RedKiwiSVX; 06-30-2011 at 11:22 PM.