Thread: Hello guys !
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Well, seems your already dealing with one of the problems. The cam seals and valve cover gaskets usually need to be replaced..but thats pretty typical for any car 15 year old car.
Number one problem with theese cars is the transmission. Theese things just seem to explode. the problem is heat. The transmission suffers from clogged filters and poor atf flow, as well as a heavy load. A transmission cooler and new internal transmission filter will help keep your transmission safe
Another problem is the rear wheel bearings. If you hear a loud vibration kinda noise from behing you, odds are theese are it. This seems to be a problem that only effects some cars, but when it does, its usually pretty bad. Keep your ears open for that one
Also, the front brake rotors tend to warp if the driver has an agressive driving style. This is an easy fix with either upgraded rotors or a little more liad back driving style

Just remember, this car is NOT a sports car (No matter how sporty it looks) the best matinence is keeping that in mind when you drive it.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten