View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
what some people do in the DSM world is they actually let unmetered air in a specific amount. (called a "hacked MAF") you then richen the Air/Fuel ratio a specific amount to compensate for that extra unmetered air. the problem some of the people have with this is that at idle, if its easier to pull the "unmetered" air then it is to get "metered" air, then you're idle and low rpm is way too rich, and runs badly. I think the way to get around this would be to instal and extra filter, such that there is "resistance" to pulling that air into the intake tract.

however, I think we may get better results just putting a very small resistor in line with the MAF wire. this would lower the voltage by a set amount (given the amperage stays the same, which it should) and would allow you to use the extra ability of the MAF, such that when it reads 5.12 volts, its sending 4.8 (since all the values are the same after 4.8 anyway)

^I'm not really thinking to well right now cause i'm extremely tired. check that and make sure i'm not too much of an idiot.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker