View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
you do realize you're on a forum dedicated to a Subaru, right?
For the 2 billionth time, yes. I'm just trying to shine some daylight into this horribly sheltered world.

Quote:
100 years and they still haven't figured it out. sad.
Sounds to me like you're the one who needs to figure some things out. Subaru's lifetime and experience is a fraction of what GM holds. To put it in perspective, take the lumina you talk about being so bad. There are more satisfied LUMINA owners in this world then there are SUBARU owners (happy or not). To be able to say that a company's less stellar model attracts and holds more loyals then another company's entire line means that we're not even in the same ballpark here.

Quote:
maybe that's because the Subaru AWD system was designed for Subarus. in typical GM fashion, they were grabbing stuff from the parts bins to slap together something "new."
Ahh yes, the inevitable excuses.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ihopp77
As I understand it, the main problem with adapting the Subaru AWD system to GM products was the GM drive train and NOT the Subaru system. You are talking about trying to convert an AWD primarily designed for an inline mounted engine to a traverse mounted engine. Results would have been better if MOPAR had a share in Subaru instead of GM.
There's another one.

Spoiler - The Grand Prix G8 and Bonneville GXP concept both used longitudinal mount smallblock V8's.

Quote:
Originally posted by dcarrb
You know, if I wanted to drive a bleepin' GM product, I'd just go buy a Lumina. No, what I want is a Subaru. Period.
That's fine. I'm not trying to say your wrong for liking subaru, just that we're all on the same planet here.