View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
This thread is laughable. I don't even know what to say without posting three pages worth of info. So this is going to be extremely abbreviated.

It is common knowledge to mechanics that all lexus (Lexi?) are toyotas (that is absolutely true - as of yet, there are NO lexus only platforms, some are mixed or stretched versions of toyotas...but no dedicated lexus platforms), Infinitis are all nissans, and Acuras are hondas. Audi and VW is different only in that it depends on where you buy your Audi. US market Audi's are ALL VW's. European Audi's are mostly independent. So get your Audi from Europe (and get used to shifting with your left hand).

The real laughable part is how everyone is crying about GM "messing with" Subaru. Like Subaru's got it all figured out, and a company with over 100 years in car building experience could do nothing to help them out? PLEASE! Also you act like Subaru is doing GM a favor by sharing it's parts! Thanks to Subaru's "wonderous" AWD systems, the new Grand Prix and Bonneville are still FWD. They were both SUPPOSED to be available in AWD versions, using a Subaru designed AWD system (example - Grand Prix G8 concept and Bonneville GXP concept both used the system), however the system proved unreliable and ridiculously expensive to fix. Thanks alot, geniuses.

I was really dissapointed when they ditched the AWD project so i'm very sour towards Subaru about it, and now to hear you people whining about GM "messing with" Subaru - GIVE ME A BREAK! Sounds to me like Subaru could use a little help in the "simplicity of design" department.

Ok i'm going to shut up now.