View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophil
No unemployment if you quit.
I was fired the last time I worked for these guys and didn't take unemployment. I was offered the option of quitting before I got fired from MCI (telemarketing, awesome people, **** job). I took the quit.

I don't intend to ever apply for unemployment.

I'm looking at a job right now that pays a little more, is a little closer, a little easier (maybe a lot easier).

Working for WWM was so ****ty. Aside from the fact my boss was my ex-step dad, I was never guaranteed 40 hour weeks so pretty much all winter I was living of 500-700 a month with 15-30 hour work weeks.
Summer is great for hours, but it's back breaking labor.

I had seniority over a lot of the newer guys but the boss was always undermining it and holding me down. He never got my driver's file assembled like he kept saying he would, he never got around to my CDL training (ie raises), he gave work priority to newer guys, and I was always underestimated because of my size even though I can both lift more and haul longer distance than bigger guys. I can lift like 180lbs on a 138lb frame.

June 1st was my year review, or was supposed to be, maybe they don't give reviews there, but I didn't see any chance for me to move up or take any steps towards financial independance so I just said that's enough. I'm fed up with this place.
I feel like a slave working for them.
I'm going to start pooling money back into my savings which is almost empty. I think I have like $120 in there. Then I'll drop 1G on certifications and tests for both CDLs and IT certs like A+, MCSE and whatever.

My ambition just kicked in.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.