Old 01-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsvx
Hi Joe

I think Moshol in the Down Under forum (if she is reading this!) should be able to give the AU paint code as she has a green SVX - Australia got only one green (was a brighter green) compared to other markets where there was darker, more British Racing Green colour, in the States for example but I think maybe 4 or 5 tops were sold in that colour (that was post 1995 when SVX sales approached single digits).

With the Australian black cars, it was a different colour to that of the JDM black car (of which I have seen only, a JDM 4ws import that was sold to someone in Canberra) - the cars sold new were more of a solid black but I don't have any contact details with me here in Blighty - the fellow that I am thinking of may have sold the car, given how many have offloaded them back home in recent times!

I had tried to get Subaru Australia to help out with the Australian sales figures, breakdown and colour split but never heard back from them - now they seek an SVX for their collection! Grrrrrrrrrr

Cheers

James

Thanks James

I am not so interested in looking for the codes on green cars, we actually have got a good handle on the names and codes of these.

It IS interesting to hear that the Aus black was different than the JDM one. It seems to me that the code 035 in Japan is the same paint as 235 in the UK and 235 in the States. This paint has very fine red mica particles in it, which can only be seen under strong sunlight at the correct angle.

What we are trying to determine is the colour code for another variant of this paint, which has very fine green mica particles in it, in place of the red mica that most cars have.

They seem to have this paint in the US on some cars, although it is proving difficult to get the owners of these cars to give a reliable account of the paint code. But in fairness to them, most people only see their cars as black cars. Many have them for years and years, and are unaware that the majority of black cars have a red mica component.

Subaru of Australia do seem to be a pain in the shon.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl