Thread: Brake Rotors
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 05:47 AM
lightning_8669

cost to have this done?

I could probably have a set of rotors done for around $90-$100. But you may want to experiment with an old, stabalized set first. One concern worth mentioning is once they are treated it may be hard or impossible to have them turned.

After processing the parts are a flat black to a dark gray. If you mangage to penetrate the processed layer that is the only part that will corrode. Not like paint or plating that will retain water and form blisters. I've recommended this process to a lot of peopele in manufacturing. It has some very nice features; dimensnionally inert, high corrosion resistance, good aesthetics, good wear resistance and so on.

The reason I suggest experimenting is I know the rotors will not rust for a long time but I don't know what pad compound will work best with this treatment. If it turns out to be something other members would like to try the price would become more reasonable with the more sets of rotors being done. There is a type of minimum charge to be met.

I'll make some phone calls over the next couple of days and try and post something under the technical heading.