View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:30 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: OT's 'New York' POLO repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Actually, all the 'bent' stuff will be renewed. There is no damage on the car that would effect the 'drive-ability' or 'safety of occupants'.. I will be drilling out the factory spot welds and re-welding 'good' stuff where bad was.
The FIRST stage is very 'ugly', so I will not post any 'pics' from that part.
Once the body lines are 'correct' I will shoot some of the two-tone, red and green car, then show the rest of the process.
You remember how that left quarter had that 2 inch 'fold'? We pulled that out!
The new deck lid fits the window and right quarter now. The left quarter is getting replaced, but it almost lines up.
There is NO reason to fear this car.
It's ALL 'cosmetic'. We ALL know that it was hit. Big DEAL!! Now it's getting REPAIRED and will live ON!

Saving WEE TURTLES!!! Sean, you can re-post! Nobody was offended!
If you have pics of it quarter-less some of us would like to see them. In the near future most svxs will need quarters replaced. I'm interested in just how many spot welds need to be drilled out.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel