Thread: pistons n cams
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Re: pistons n cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
This is where it becomes a personal preference. I plan to have this car to give to my first child, if and when that happens. It may not be realistic but I think it can be done. This is my second car, and honestly the first one I have seriously turned wrenches on. I am paying for performance, but even more so for memories, satisfaction, and knowledge. I could honestly have the engine blow up, and not freak out. I would he upset, sure. But if I couldn't live with it, I wouldn't build it. I AK not saying my engine will last forever. Or even 100k. But here's to hoping it will.

As far as talking with Michael, my experiences lead me to believe this is the right move. He is realistic, very knowledgeable, and most important is not a parts pusher. If he says it's the way he would do it, it is because if it were his car he would.
Good for you, man. Top notch attitude. I'm sentimental about my SVX too, as my uncle is the original owner (and still on the title) so it's important to me (and him) that it's taken care of. He's probably not too thrilled about the mods, but he loves my enthusiasm...better sitting in my garage getting some wrench-love than in his driveway doing nothing.

I'm all in favor of top-quality workmanship and commend you on doing it right instead of doing it twice Saw on your profile that you're an A&P, so I can certainly see why you'd want to do it by the book. Are you also a pilot? I grew up around aviation, and got my basic private pilot's license but haven't gone any further with it.