View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Re: I hate unknown noises...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
Sir I believe, of course could be wrong, your front diff is on its way out. Mine had that same noise right before it went out. The ticking only occurs when moving? Sorry to bring bad news.

Yes, it does only do it when moving.

Oh man that sucks. How was the noise compared to a CV axle? Because this doesn't sound anything like the "grinding" of a CV, and I would imagine a diff going out, being metal on metal, would sound like a CV in a way.

This sound sounds more like plastic on metal, as said, with the playing cards... Yes I know playing cards are paper, not plastic.

If the Diff IS going out, is there a way for me to check it/verify it? I don't know much about diff failure... is it going to make noise for a while, then the car won't move? Or will it just get noisier and noisier till I change it?

I am planning the 5spd swap for a few months down the road... but I've been saying that for a year.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap