View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 05:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
A dealership in akron told me I had a front bearing that is suspect to be bad, so I may try to do that one on my own. Where you located? and was everything okay when you replace your legacy bearings?

I am located in Columbus. Everything went great replacing our own bearings on our legacy. Before we bought a press, we would take the hub assembly off, buy a bearing and have pep boys replace the bearing then we put the assembly back together, saved a lot of $$ in labor, might be another option for you.

We actually had more trouble with other people replacing bearings for us. I once took my legacy to a sears service center to have them rotate the tires, then somehow ended up breaking the hub assembly, and they had to get us a rental and fix it. A couple months later, that same assembly went bad again, this time I took it to a firestone dealer, they fixed it, 2 weeks later, it went bad again, so they fixed it at their own cost, it was under warranty, 3 days later it went bad yet again, this time we took it off and bought the bearing, took it to pepboys then put it back on, never had the problem with that bearing again but later one a different one went bad, thats when we bought the press. I dont trust many places to work on my cars, and subaru dealerships are too expensive.