Thread: I gave in...
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 10:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . whatever!

I really need to go to K-Mart and pick up some "Back to Black." It's a "restorer" that brings the black, back to your plastic and rubber trim. The plastic piece under my windows is really beginning to look ratty. It looks fine as long as I can pour the armorall to it, but, I don't think that's really good for it. Although, I've not personally used "Back to Black" I've heard it is an excellent restorative -- we'll see. Speaking of Meguiar's, there is a product I never see in the stores, "Meguiar's Plastic Bumper Restorer." I used to use this on those big bullet bumpers on my 80 Spitfire (All black plastic covered) and it was EXCELLENT! It would, in all liklihood work well on my black trim, but, alas, I can't find it. The only reason I had it before, was, because a friend of mine used to work for the Meguiar's plant in Tennesee and had a stock of it in his garage.

Glad to see you finally give in and bought the "California Duster" (sounds SOOOO Much better than "foo foo duster"). I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially since alls you'll have to do is swipe the garage queen down now and again to keep her clean after washing.
Mine's not actually a 'California Duster.' It's made by somebody else. But it is real soft, so I figured I couldn't go wrong for like $4.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE