View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
Re: gas tank questions

thanks for all the input everyone! i think i know my way around cars pretty well, i had a fuel pump go out in an s10 a few days ago, no one believed me that it was the fuel pump because "im only 18 and no mechanic" im told. took it to a shop, charged 50 bucks to have them tell us it was the fuel pump! ha, i knew it the whole time, i woulda bet money on it! they wanted 400 for the part and 250 in labor, we got the part for 250 and i put it in myself. im no mechanic, but i think i can handle myself lol. just finished up that yesterday and the truck is running great.

anyway, my car usually has the vacuum and sucks in air or blows it out, im not really sure which because i dont try to feel it. i guess it blows out since the gas blew out. i know my fuel tank wasnt overfilled because i had only about a 1/4 of a tank the day before, i put $20 in at $4.09, and i had driven on that much gas for about 60 miles or so. i just got home also from driving a few miles and i opened the gas cap, all that happened was a little vacuum air, nothing much, just the normal thing that usually happens. i havent put any gas in since that day though, so ill see if anything is different then.

could this possibly be caused by a clogged fuel filter? ive been wanting to change that for awhile, but just never have gotten around to it. ill probably do that whether or not anyone thinks it could be that just because i dont know when its been changed. also, the car runs just fine, it doesnt feel any different or anything, no power lose, no stuttering or hard starting. it seems just fine if that helps. i just hope i dont have to drop the fuel tank in this, it looks like it might be a little harder than the s10 was.

maybe this was just a fluke from the heat, that was the hottest day of the year so far and i was driving up a pass, so the car was probably hot from that too. not sure though, maybe its not a fluke?