View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: how bad are some of those leading our country ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsport-SVX View Post
This is the from the book that all the people now in power quote from, recommend & use as their manual. It's their bible.

Did you notice Obama when quoting the Declaration of Independence omitted the words "endowed by their creator?" Just a lapse memory? No. On purpose. With purpose. Because he does not believe "the creator" is the one how gave us our rights, but that Lucifier seized his own & we should follow.

Ephesians 6:12

New International Version (©1984)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

English Standard Version (©2001)
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

International Standard Version (©2008)
For our struggle is not against human opponents, but against rulers, authorities, cosmic powers in the darkness around us, and evil spiritual forces in the heavenly realm.

Are ANYONE LISTENING or believing yet?
If the French and American revolutionaries had waited for God to grant them liberty, then we'd still be under Theocratic rule and democracy would have never come to this land. The rule of an iron fisted, all powerful, invisible entity has been vacant from our secular government from day two of the revolution, and for good reason. When the Kings and aristocracy were "endowed by the creator" with the power to rule it was all too easy to subjugate the masses under the guise of "the will of God".

I for one am grateful that we've (western democracies) taken control of our own destinies, rather than wait around for some invisible hand to grant us freedom. The entities that we must resist are not some dark spiritual forces, rather they are men like you or I who've tasted power at the cost of others and found that they love it. They want more.

The book you've sited was written up to 170 years after the death of Christ, and it's purpose was to challenge the authority of the Roman empire by claiming Christians were "endowed by their creator" the power to overthrow governments that viewed the world differently than themselves. The "people in power" in Iran have a different book, but the basic principles are very similar. Obey us now, or face damnation in the afterlife... No thanks, I'd rather be free.

Edit:
Dayle,
I'm not trying to pick on your posts, in fact I'm really enjoying the conversation. Frankly anyone who's questioning the current state of affairs is ok by me, even if our approaches and desired outcomes are different.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 09-30-2010 at 10:27 PM.