View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Another SVX bites the dust?

Last night I had the unfortunate occurence of sliding nose first into a curb, which I could immediately tell had caused some damage. The wheel has to be held 45 degrees left to go straight, and there is a loud pop that shakes the front end when either the brakes are applied, or I turn the offending wheel too far left or right. Its scary loud and can be felt when it jolts the car. \

I took a look underneath, seems the front part of the a-arm where it connects to the crossmember has been torn almost open, leaving just some bent metal holding my a-arm in place, yikes, Some of the mount itself is peeled back, so its so twisted and smashed that it seems like it could come off .

How much is it a pain to remove a crossmember? And id akso need a new a-Arm

Hhow can I do this in my apartments parking? The association has rules and little snitches around the property. If I can just yank the crossmsmber, and get new a-arm hopefully that would settle it, just need advice from someone whos done this. Thanks

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.