View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Center console totally unresponsive

I have no fan, no heat, no vent, no beepy noise, no climate control, no clock, and no lighter outlet.

Now, this stuff didn't just give out on its own, this was caused by an impact.

See pics for visual.

So I have this GPS unit which has been defunct for a while. It shorted out one night when my autostart was not working and I kept attempting to start it.

Anyway, so it's an expensive paperweight, and the reason I keep it on the windshield is because it just happens to block sunlight in a problematic area.

So the suction seal is apparently not too great and it has fallen down a few times.
I noticed recently that my cig outlet was a bit wobbly. I keep a voltmeter in there just because and my knee touches it. I thought that was why.

Tonight I went in to my car to find it has fallen yet again, the cig outlet is more wobbly, and in fact I can pull it out.

Not a huge deal, I thought, until I started and left the garage. Some of the console lights had become dim and NONE of the functions were available. The clock and he outlet and everything in between are just not responding.

Unless I can figure out how to fix this I am totally ****ed. I can't leave the car parked outside because ice will collect, and well, you know, it's Alaska in the dead of winter.

Help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0084.jpg (324.7 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0085.jpg (260.9 KB, 287 views)

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 11-28-2010 at 01:36 AM.