View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 07:43 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawazat??
A fine dinner with a good Merlot has lightened my mood though I doubt elevated my trouble-shooting skills .

David- I did remove each of the larger fuses and checked them while removed from their respective sockets. No joy

Back to the task at hand. My father, a very handy and intelligent man, suggested a quick check for good grounds which I will apply shortly. Two electrical things I did not mention but which may lie at the root of the problem are electrical modifications performed by both the previous owner (aftermarket alarm system) and me (aftermarket seat heaters). My father again suggested a crude though quick and possibly efective check for loose connections by propping the brake pedal down and shaking the harness connecting the aftermarket alarm system to determine if a loose connection is at this system (crimped butt splices aplenty-Ron, remember this is a family site )

Back to it for me gents!

Todd

Trevor-Ron's comments are purely in jest and taken by me as such. He most graciously evaluated the car (along with his henchman and car spotter, John Hoffman-svxcess) and then chauffered me from the Baltimore airport to his home where he put me up for the night prior to the purchase of this car and 10 hour drive back to Michigan where I live. He is a dear friend and a wonderful, helpful person (OK, maybe too much Merlot coming out here )
Old bugger Ron and I am usually in jest and not a problem. I hope he read my comments.

Messed up wiring by others is a very, very probable cause and will show up if you follow through the circuits as I have suggested. Check stuff which could have been damaged as a first off. Stay with logic and don't go off on a tangent as is so easy to do. Keep notes confirming each test. It is likely to forget what has, and what has not been done later when making evaluations. Particularly when you are with the culprit.

Have been there and am doing my very best to prevent your escalating frustration and continuation of your sanity.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!