View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:22 PM

Re: SVX can't climb hills

Interesting so far..as far as the electrical connection, I thought the car ran pretty well in the flat except for the one time it dropped dead going into the parking lot. Most hills aren't more than a 7 degree grade.....if you jacked the front of the car to the max could you duplicate this condition (yeah, I know this is pretty weird and I'd be scared the darn thing would fall off the jack/jack stands if you rev'd her too hard.)

Do you have a multimeter you can check the coils with ?

The thought that you got a really crappy tank of gas so that there is a significant water level at the bottom is interesting..have no idea where the fuel pump pickup is located as far as towards the back/middle/rear of the saddle tank. Would think that when the engine is running poorly during your uphill episodes, you would see a fair amount of white exhaust discharge from excess water but maybe not enough water to produce that..I know a blown headgasket with antifreeze/H2O going into my VW produced a white cloud (no oil galleries were compromised).

Is there a drain plug on the bottom of our gas tanks to check if water comes out first?