Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: Subaru SVX EG-33 does it again !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG33-Glasair View Post
Chris, I have about a dozen YouTube videos posted. Several years ago I had a brake line failure on landing, the plane ended up in a small ditch, this video was shot shortly after repairs were made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iTtLqF3A2I There is a quick shot of the engine at the end of that video. And this link is a quick fly-by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImsS7S6Uhog
You may be correct, a Velocity may be too heavy for the EG-33. The empty weight on my Glasair is only 1275 pounds.
Russell Sherwood
Wow, glad you were able to get it all back together and back in the air. Got to love experimental - incidents like that are so much easier to fix than the certified world. My club had a 172 involved in a hard landing a couple years ago - prop strike, wrinkled firewall, etc. Repair estimate was $62,000 (CAD). We ended up with a new plane.

Is your radiator door actuator airspeed controlled?

The Velocity SE's come in around that weight range and most are IO-360 powered, so an EG33 would be a perfect powerplant for them. The XL's, particularly the RG variant, come in anywhere from 1800-2000 lbs depending how tricked out the builder makes it.

What sort of fuel burn and MPG do you see in your plane?

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl