Thread: Another New Guy
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2003, 11:50 AM
jwzekas

Hi,

Just a couple more thoughts:

1. I figure a "west coast car" would be better-- no salt on the roads here! True?

2. Looking at Autotrader.com, prices are from $14000 down to $5,000. Okay, now some guy claims that "front wheel drive is rare" on the SVX. True? Personally, I live in snow country, so AWD is preferable... otherwise, why get a Subie? I mean, the only other AWD sports cars are the Audi TT and Porsche AWD Carrera!!! I little too pricy for me! Besides, Porsches are SO common!!! (at least here in Northern California).

3. Years ago, I was told by a buddy, "Buy a car from someone who belongs to an enthusiast's club-- it will be better taken care of, and he'll probably have all the maintenance records." True?

4. IS there an "SVX Club" in the Pacific Northwest? (Yeah, I know there are Subie clubs, but somehow, those guys are not quite the same... lots of WRX boy hotrodders... Nothing wrong with that, it's just that now that I'm 48, I'm not into streetracing and burning rubber!).

5. Hey Johnnie-- are you Irish, or do you just like Gaelic? Yeah, we have lots of Micks in my family (the Riley and Plunkett side-- Ever heart of Saint Plunkett? He's our distant ancestor!). Unlike most Irishmen, though, I rarely drink or smoke cigarettes-- must be the German/English side of me!).

Thanks.
=========================