View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Add one more to California!

Just resurrecting this thread after over half a year!

I realized I never mentioned that I got the SVX down here safely at the beginning of August, although the trip down did emphasize that I really need to replace the suspension (or not have a passenger and lots of luggage).

The car has survived down here since then, mostly it just does once a week commuting duty from Morgan Hill to San Ramon which is right in the SVX sweet spot - open road 80mph for 40 miles each way. That's my weekly therapy.

We just recently sold our house up in WA so just this month we started the process of getting driver's licenses and registering our cars. The SVX is the last thing left, with tabs paid for but waiting on smog. I want to give her an oil change and such just to be sure.

Other than that, I've been enjoying it here and every time we go for a drive somewhere new I'm always thinking "hmmm, that could be an interesting segment for a group drive". Old habits die hard I guess, but I really do want to get something going at some point that will make it worth the time and mileage investment to get some CA SVXes together since I know we are all spread out.

And I still dream of eventually bringing all my old NW friends and CA folks all together in one big West Coast meet somewhere in the middle.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...