Thread: Brake Job
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Re: Bike Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Oh, and I missed welcoming you in your other thread, so you are very welcome aboard Tim.

I'm a biker too, there are a few of us about. Check my Blackbird in my signature.

My friend Mike and I on tour this summer met a couple on a brand new pearlescent green ZZR1400. Really a superb machine, I thought it was magic. We are both Honda guys, Mike has a VFR. Did your wife not get on with the VFR800? They are a very smooth sort of machine.

Joe
Thanks for the welcome Joe.

Your Blackbird is a beauty! I was considering one when I sold my ZX11 (at over 100,000kms on the clock). Such a well balanced machine, smooth as silk and refined as only Honda does.

The mean green ZZR1400 is indeed a superb machine. Not as nice in the fit in finish as your Honda, and the styling takes a little to warm up to, but the engine, OHHHH THE ENGINE, it is indescribable. At 120Kmph you cannot even feel it, it is so smooth, it is like hovering, low level flight and then you put those 200 horses to the pavement and rocket into the stratosphere with brutal acceleration! Thank goodness it comes with brakes to match. This bike would have done-me-in in my younger days, but now I have hundreds of thousands of riding experience, 17 years under my belt and have enough maturity to handle her. My first bike when I was 15 years old was a Honda NSR400 (you are a Honda guy, so I thought you may get a kik out of that), I wish I still had that NSR, so rare, and she was in pristine condition.

The VFR was just too big and heavy for my wife to get comfortable with and to be honest I did not like the bike either. The fit and finish was beautiful, the chassis was a dream but I did not like the engine at all, the V-Tech system and all, the power delivery just felt wrong. Now my wife has a Honda Hawk NT650 and absolutely loves it and so do I. It is a perfect balance and the exhaust note makes those Ducati riders envious.

Cheers,
Tim