View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 PM

Re: What boost can you run on a stock EG33 motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
yes there will be variation. but is there a point to run higher boost in an RPM range it cannot be used? I have also documented that the engine cannot flow enough to use the CFMS that my supercharger puts out. I get a charge build up in the upper rpms which has exceeded 15psi. Why? Because it cannot move it through the engine fast enough due to restrictions in the head and camshaft profiles.

Tom
There will usually be a point where the engine cannot flow as much as the F/I mechanism puts out without extensive modifications to the head and exhaust systems, that was never the issue. Yes it is good to have the peak boost be higher in the RPM range, but if your F/I mechanism is flowing more then the engine can handle, maybe a change in size is in order to make the most use out of the boost at hand. But there will always be a point where no matter how much you do to an engine, you can use too large of a F/I mechanism. This is where A/R ratios come into effect, but you know that already. Plus the question was how much a stock EG33 can handle, not about where peak boost is made.