View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 05:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Sorry guys...but

We had a less than steller vacation last week and I really needed some time to get caught up at home. I didn't even log on..as you can tell.

I'm glad a few locals got to work it all out and get together.

I'd like to try again later this summer or perhaps I can sit on my hands and wait for Dave to have his annual bash at Tri-State.

During our vacation I did find some really nice places to drive in central NY. We drove the Forester back from Rochester, through Chitinnango Falls (forget the spelling) then followed our noses staying off the main roads all the way to Hudson NY.

We tried several dirt roads and saw tons of wildlife. My wife and I where searching for some good fossil outcrops. This area of NY was the edge of a inland sea during the Devonian Period (for those of you paleotologiests amongst us) and there are tons of good stuff right out there along the roadside if you look carefully.

The roads were curvy and fun...even in the Forester..though I wished I had my SVX for some of the curvyer stuff.

I still think that Vt has some of the best roads for cruisin' and with that 50mph speed limit it makes for some great fun. It's just a long way for most of you all.

I'll stay in touch....