Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: My 1st Detroit Iron since the 60's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
I had a big pile of Detroit Iron a few years ago. It was similar in color, but was built be Buick! It was a 63 Buick Riv! I LOVED that car!!
It had every option that 63 offered! It was designed to be driven effortlessly at 105 MPH. I bought it in 1979 and sold it about 5 years ago.

GM has build a LOT of under-appriciated cars!

If I drove the Buick in town, it got about 8 MPG, when I hit the highways and got her over 70 mph, she delivered over 18 mpg! (and could bury the 145 mph speedo at will)

I just gotta ask, "When you turn your car ON, does it return the favor??" (like the commercial says)??????

I still get a 'chub' thinking about some of my 'Buick' days!!
Not under appreciated here Jerry

I absolutely love the '63 Riviera, and I have a great big soft spot for the Boat tail as well. [When was that, '72 maybe?]

I never realised you had one of those babies. Very very nice car.

As I see American metal all the really stylish cars were made between the early sixties to the early seventies. After that they kind of lost their way, turning out tin boxes with not much soul or style.

But that's just me! I'm sure plenty of you guys will remember some later models you like.

Joe

{PS Jerry, did you know the Riviera's birthday comes up this Sunday, 4th October? }
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 10-09-2009 at 01:53 AM.