View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Re: My 1st Detroit Iron since the 60's!

Thank you Joe! I can't deny a little pride at buying American at this juncture, and admit to being pleasantly surprised daily at some feature, or a nicely finished detail on the car. The Magnetic Ride Control, for instance, does significantly alter the ride characteristics of the car, making it much more difficult to stay out of the throttle when changed from "Touring". "Performance" setting stiffens the rear at launch enough to make the car feel like it's surging forward, rather than rocking back on it's haunches first like a typical luxo-barge, and ride is stiffened noticeably. Nice to discover this side of the car! I also like the Start button and door-locks that know you have the key.

subiemech, sorry it doesn't float your boat. As far as premium fuel, this Cad knows what grade of fuel it's sipping. I'm beginning to wonder if it might know if "you're naughty or nice" at Christmas!! Traction Control and Stabilitrac work hard to keep one in line!

Kevin, thanks for the encouragement! We're doing our best to enjoy it. Having a little trouble getting the spouse to drive it much though. Think it intimidates a bit with all the gadgets. Must be 600 pages of manuals!!

Thanks for taking a look, and the comments are welcome everyone.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket

Last edited by RojoRocket; 09-30-2009 at 07:59 AM.