View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 08:55 PM
no limitation as limitation

i cant believe that conan is taking over... i never got to watch carson back in the day but ive seen clips of it and their are times that i wish tv was the was is was back then. i remember as a kid every saturday watches black belt theater on fox 54 they would play bruce lee movies after which would be nightmare theater with the horror movies. its sad that their is no more habit forming tv programs that the intire family can watch. i miss startrek and startrek next genoration with patrick stewert, and then deep space nine. tv is over run with TRL and room raders dont forget pimp my ride. the only shows wourth habitually watching imho are nip tuck, rescue me , stargate (if you like sci fi) battle star glactica and er. theis are archatypes for shows with continuity that viewers can really get into. they build a relationship with their audience and really put on a good show. you can tell that their motivated not by money but by giving people something to watch, enjoy and someday tell their kids abot the classics that were on tv when they were young.
seinfield sex in the city are good examples of tv shows like this. its to bad their arn't more. i want shows like cheers to come back.