Thread: Pontiac Soltice
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Sold. :'-(

I agree it's going to be a cool car, but I also agree it would have been better on the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX200/Lotus Elise platform instead of this new GM Delta global FR platform.

I've had 2 Fieros (unless you count the rolling chassis as a 3rd), and my first was an '85 GT; V6 with a 4sp manual...the quickest 0-60 Fiero made. That thing was a heavy car that definitely showed it's GM lineage, but 0-60 was clocked at 7.0 in my car shortly before the engine gave up...I think it had "loosened up" as they say, since stock was supposed to be in the low 8s.

I've also had an '87 MR2 5sp, and this was another matter altogether...MUCH lighter and more nimble than the Fiero, I could toss this car at any angle into any corner at will...I WILL have another someday. What fun!

That said, the only car I've ever had that could begin to compare to my SVX was my '97 VW GTI VR6. 172hp, 0-60 in 7.0 (actuall 6.8 on my GTech after a couple minor mods) and that sound...I am certain the SVX will sound as nice after I open the intake and exhaust a bit.

Nothing compares with 230hp and AWD though...nothing...
Raxles front axles