Thread: Pontiac Soltice
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by NapaBavarian
The last guy didn't love it much it'll need some work, I'll probably need to pretty much strip it down to take all the little dents out, then the front seats need to be totally rebuilt, but it does have the 350 the sad thing is the car has very little power for that much displacement, the good news is that 350-400hp isn't hard to come by...
That's pretty much what i'm looking for anyway. I have my plan all worked out for my project GTA. I'll probably ditch the 350 in favor of a big block (if i can fit it in), if not it'll be a 383. I can take care of the engine and tranny work myself. Body parts for that car are a dime a dozen, and i've got a buddy who does amazing show car paint. Then i'll just leave the interior to CST.

Only issue is if the car has T-tops. If it does, then it's not much of a project car cause the torque from even a modded 350 will twist the crap out of that body. The hartops are the only cars of those years stiff enough to take serious power.

I didn't realize until just tonight that you live in California...so maybe I would be better off trying to find one NOT across the continent. But even so, if you decide to sell, let me know. I'll see what I can do.