View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 12:34 PM

Angry Well...

...if I can be of any help in dealing with your insurance claim, do not fail or hesitate to contact me.

Mike, I've handled many thousands of claims for property damage with virtually all of the major carriers, and in both directions: as the entity claiming damages & the entity paying damages. I certainly hope you have comprehensive insurance (which covers such items as theft, vandalism, road hazards, etc.) and documenting the claim properly can really help in achieving a full recovery, regardless of the extent of the damages.

You are also entitled to restitution of any deductable from the responsible party, in addition to the action your insurer may have to recover what they pay you under the policy. Small claims may also be a route to recovery, and it requires the responsible party to respond, or you may be able to attach ANY asset they own.

Even if you don't have comprehensive insurance you still need to completely document your loss and all associated costs because you can deduct an unreimbursed casualty loss from your income taxes, both in Oregon and on your Federal taxes.

Feel more than free to contact me, i'm more than happy to help if I can! You may already have my phone number, e-mail me if you don't.

Norm