View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Re: First SVX purchase on Monday.

I ended up paying the full 2K for it, and he ended up throwing some back for gassing up and the small exhaust leak that he didn't mention in the craigslist ad :P . It feels and looks a bit old, but it's like one of those 60 year olds who run marathons and have 6 pack abs. It was consistant for the 300 mile trip back home, no suprises.

The transmission does not slip at all, but it does seem a bit "tight"....though i can't complain, it shifts like a champ. And for 229K the engine idles smooth and doesn't feel tired at all. No engine problems at all from how it behaved. The belts are all very new, but there are some leaves and debris under the intake manifold.

Interior is in very good shape except for some driver seat tearing and a few leather stitches missing where the glove box closes up top, nothing a little thread and a few minutes can't fix.

It's very clean, but the doors are scary rusty. There are black duct tape "racing stripes" across the door to hide the line of rust that travels the length of it. So I will be picking up doors ASAP.

It handles amazingly, no play or slop anywhere, and the tires have good tread left on them and are not crap tires, as far as I can tell.

I'm hooked. I never want to drive anything else.
So. Who here has previously owned my new baby? There's an SVXWN sticker on each passenger window and they look like they've been there a while.