View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM
The Molinator

Re: SMOG.. . Heeeeeeelp!

Michael: Thanks again! I forgot to mention that the fuel pressure gauge part has become meaningless, since neither the OEM part number you mentioned, nor the Impreza higher pressure gauge part (22670AA240) on the box that I still have, mean anything because the parts are physically identical, and the numbers on each of them (different of course) don't seem to be readable (totally different numbers*) by anyone (I shared them in my original post).

I will put the O2 sensors I bot (and received yesterday) from SP.com on just to hope they help (?). Can you comment on how they might help? I can say I bot the last O2 sensors in 11/02 for sure...So, I'm guessing I placed one (I believe I put them on at different times?) by 2004 (just a guess unfortunately, but that seems right...along time ago [about 4 or five years since I put that first one on ...maybe 6 or 7(?)].

I also found a pair of smog checks in 2007, with the same initial problem...high HC at idle! Two weeks later it passed. The only problem is...I can't remember the fix! I know..I'm a little (or more) SeNiLe! I have no parts purchases (I save all receipts for service/parts) showing at that time, nor any cats welded on either?? I'm thinking .. maybe I put the other O2 sensor on at that time, in 2007, to pass the second test ?? Would that make sense? At any rate, the O2 sensors must be OLD...at least one is 60K to 105K old!

Please let me know about the O2 sensors influence...and whether I can figure out which fuel pressure gauge is which (*I have the A44-S26 R10 39020 in the box now, thinking it is the Impreza high pressure regulator...and the A44-000 R55 51230 is on my SVX, thinking it is the OEM part)...Like maybe thru Subaru factory? [The part #s that you have and SP.com use are not linked to the numbers on these parts!]

So, you want me to check the resistance between the two wires on the ECU temp sensor, while the wires are still connected (and the engine is warm).. . OK! And, should I replace the fuel filter?.. . It's been 2 or 3 years probably.

I'll let you know.. . Thanks! Jim
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!