View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilVerXtc
5-speed install is now complete on my SVX. But I now get a random flashing CEL light while driving and the airbag light is always on. Also my Mechanic can't figure out how to get the cruise control to work. He also couldn't get the exhaust in tight enough because of the tranny crossmember and it now has an exhaust leak. I'm getting the exhaust redone at a exhaust shop monday. We also used the spacer for the driveline from the small car kit. Don't really like the angle it puts on the drivline CV Joint and while accelerating the driveline is rough and vibrates. Has anybody else with 5-speed swaps had these problems and have and suggestions for fixes.
Never heard of the CEL or Airbag light issue before, but my write up tells how to make the cruise control to work.(click in my sig)

The spacer shouldn't change the angle of the driveshaft, so you must have gotten the tranny mount too high or too low to change the angle, as the spacer only moves the drive shaft forward 2", it doesn't move it up or down, so it can't change the angle.

Hope you get it all lined out soon.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"