Thread: Power Mode
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2001, 02:28 PM
I look like Gordon

Quote:
Originally posted by tober76b
speaking of 'mashing' the accelerator pedal, have any of you experienced the following:
after flooring it, once you've reached your desired speed (especially when it's below 45mph) and you let up a little so that you're around half throttle -- does your svx jump around a little bit trying to find the right gear? if i floor it, reach my speed and then completely let off the throttle then reapply to half throttle, it reacts fine (ie. finds the correct gear the first attempt-- smooth acceleration).
is this a characteristic trait of automatic transmissions? i've always driven a manual trans in the past.
thanks.
toby
Yes. Mine does exactly the same thing. It only seems to do it when you slow down from highway speeds and then start accelerating pretty hard at slower speeds. For example, if you drive on the interstate for a while, exit, slow down on the ramp, and then get on it again pretty hard, it always seems to exhibit this behavior. I go through that sequence whenever I drive it to work, and I have noticed over time that it always seems to happen at about the same place. My solution is to just stop slowing down for the ramp