View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 11:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Reaper450128
Lightbulb

Just to warn you, anything you really think you'll need you might want to download and store on your PC, my DSL connection has a bad habit of just suddenly disconnecting for a few minutes to a couple hours, a day at the most (so far). It usually only happens between 10 am and 2 pm on weekdays, but it potentially could happen at anytime. The server itself is running 24/7/365 barring power failure, and has never had a software problem to date (RedHat 7.3 and latest version of Apache 2.0, nice and stable combo, albeit on a puny little Pentium MMX 233Mhz w/64MB of RAM), its just got a somewhat unstable connection to the world.

Beyond that warning, feel free to abuse the site as much as you like , it will show me how good I really am at buidling servers before I get a chance to do it professionally. There will be some downtime in the next couple of weeks when I finally fix the weak hardware issue (upgrading my main box, so my server gets the hand-me-down pair of PIII 1GHz w/512MB of RAM). This should provide an even more robust server environment, and might fix the slow thumbnail issue I have on the other two pages on the site. However, this downtime should be very short as this is my primary email server as well, so extensive downtime is intolerable.

Sorry if I lost anyone there with computer talk, I get excited when I talk about servers and networks !