View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: It all starts here

Alternative Options Realistically we have about a year to pull this off. The Reading X PPG Pace Car Meet took longer than that.

If Lafayette proves to be too problematic, can anyone else suggest a location (other than Morgantown, PA) where you would consider going to?

Keep in mind that back in 2002 at the Tenth Anniversary Meet, The oldest cars were 10 years old and the youngest one were just barely 6. Most had mileage of less than 90K and parts were plentiful.

Jump ahead 15 years. The oldest is now 25 years old and the youngest cars almost 20. Even at 10,000 miles a year, these cars range between 150,000 and 25,000 miles with essential parts becoming scarce.

All this means is that we all don't necessarily have to drive our own cars to wherever the meet is being held. There will probably be many local SVXs close by to attend and represent the marque, Those further away could just arrange to fly in for the festivities and reconnect with members.

We just need some sort of agreed upon direction and as many options and ideas that we can entertain

I still have my many contacts as SOA in Cherry Hill, The Drive and Drive Performance editors, Curator of the "Performance Attic" and some original contacts still at Lafayette. I am sure they would help us out greatly. How many members like us do they come across who are as passionate and determined to keep this marque alive; a car that is a quarter-century old and one the has been discontinued and out of production for 20 years?

Subaru is all about customer loyalty and this is great PR.

All ideas and suggestions are sincerely welcomed and encouraged. Their wil be many areas that need committees and members. Publicity, hotel accommodations, arrangements and commitments through Subaru and their PR department. Ideas for other events, scenic drives or convoy to places of interest (such as the Indy Museum). Restaurant investigation for group dinners, etc., parts raffle, swap meet, ideas for impromptu tech sessions

Much of this has to be done by local members in the area with familiarity of the conditions and offerings, checking out local restaurants. current road conditions to avoid construction, detours and congestion if a scenic drive is planned. I am sure we can all unite to pull this off. This may be the last significant milestone meet for these cars ever.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 05-02-2016 at 02:02 AM.