View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Re: Hate to Say it, But I'm Thinking About This Car

Some of you know already, however, I did want to report that I am NO LONGER "looking to change" my ride. I drove a 2006 Solstice with 44K miles on it - just not impressed at all! Admittedly, it was NOT a GXP, but the build quality was poor and it did not drive as well as my SVX (either of them).
I also had the opportunity to drive a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire - with 17K miles on it! VERY nice car, but again, the interior just seemed cheap. But with the 6-speed manual, it ran like stink - definitely faster than the SVX, and it handled pretty well too. But again, it was different, but not overwhelmingly BETTER.

So I am sticking with the SVX - both the '92 for autocross and track events and the '97 to be the garage queen and weekend trips. Just something about a SVX, as all of you can attest. I just had a "wild hair" to try something different. At almost 70 years, I can do that on occasion, right? That said, had I driven a Solstice GXP Coupe or a SRT Crossfire, the story "may" have been different, but they are significantly higher in price and harder to find a "nice" example. And clearly in a retired mode, money "can be" an issue ..... BTW, I would not have gone anywhere from this forum anyway ... I'm here to stay!!
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx

Last edited by newsvx; 05-30-2013 at 09:46 PM.