View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 09:11 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: '93 Anni /w Bad Tranny :-( Fix it or sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammeR View Post
Sorry for posting it in the wrong place, I just wanted to make sure this got some views and answers so I could get back with the mechanic ASAP.

The tranny would sometimes rev between shifts when going up hill or when it was really cold. Then one day I was driving up a decently steep hill and the tranny just wouldn't shift out of gear and it was revving close to readline so I pulled over and put it in park.

When I put it in drive it didn't shift into gear and wouldn't go anywhere so I called a friend to tow me up the hill. We got it on flat ground and realized it was REALLY low on tranny fluid so we filled it up. As it sits right now it will shift once or twice on flat ground and then it slips out of gear and wont shift or drive at all it just revs.

Hopefully this is enough information?

If I were to attepmt to sell it fairly quickly and asked the buyer to pick it up in Cincinnati what could I expect to get for it? There are no rips in the leather, all power windows work, sunroof works it's in great shape save the tranny.
Ok, so the front diff is good, but the trans slips...

Well, the market for SVXs seems somewhat slow right now, due to the economic situation. Pictures of the exterior condition, and details mechanical condition outside of the trans will be helpful in determining its value.