View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: The Custom Wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Jerry I have no doubt in your potential, I am pretty sure you can do anything you like, when there is a will, a strong one, you can do anything...

This is how I was able to achieve what I did with my car.

What this guy did is an achievement over here. It is the first car that was mostly fabbed in Leb. I don't want to critisize the fiberglass works that was done, the accuracy, the way of work done, and the amount of bondo used... but if it was I doing that project, I would have at least, done the model entirely out of CLAY first. Then used plaster to take molds out of it, then the final FG phase...

I wish I can have some schematics on a previously done similar chassis, suspension used and mechanics install know-how. That outer design I am pretty sure I can also do fairly easy, beautiful and more accurate...
Is it that he used this clay and bondo thing for a PLUG and pulled a glass copy off of it? Then he could 'lose' all the filler and hang the fiberglass on a tube framework.
I 'dupped' a copy of a fender once when someone at work took the l rear fender off the duelie! I waxed the right one and made a 'single use' mold, pulled one and repaired the other side.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry