View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
The things that we do for our pets....

As the year comes to a close, I reflect back on the acomplishments of 2006..

I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams! As it has been said, that " the proof is in the pudding".
I was in the back yard tonight, looking at the 'fruits of our labors' and realized that the last 4 days of labor have been devoted to the DOGS!

If I don't quit soon, Lou is going to be featured on an episode of 'Cribs'!!!

He has the only two story dog house in town. He has the only doghouse with a Christmas tree and lights inside and out.
His is the only doghouse with a covered deck, (complete with a lounge chair).
There is a doghouse inside that is insulated and has a bean bag chair so he can get out of the wind, or he can set in his overstuffed arm chair under the ceiling fan, in case it's too hot.
We built the picket fence today and installed the gate and painted them.

I am building him his own 'fire hydrant' so he knows where to p.

I am working on a 'water feature', so his drinking water is always fresh, ( or he has a place to lay down and soak his problems away)...

As for the cats.. I am working out a plan where the 'prisoner' felines can take advantage of some of Lou's 'trappings'..( the top part of the water feature will be for Kiki,' the calico'. since she prefers her water to be moving. There will have to be a 'loft' for Buddi, (the Domestic long hair), since she likes to look down on everything, and a place for Sweety, ( the garbage can refugee alley, 'seal point' mutt kitten I rescued back in the spring, to EAT ALL DAY LONG. ( since that seems to be his 'thing').

They already have a Hickory tree in the kitchen, (that runs floor to ceiling) for their clawing and climbing pleasure. I just need to cover a part of Lou's 'space' with wire and put a 'catwalk' to it so they can get some fresh air without getting beat up by the strays.

Lou is 6 1/2 lbs of fury, but he has a hard time protecting his cats so I have to 'build in' the protection. His 'kitten' outweighs him by 4 lbs!

A co-worker said, " There are kids starving in the world and you do this for your DOG, now I don't feel bad about what I do for mine".

Another co-worker said that I needed to put the lights on a timer. I told her that wasn't necessary, because I have them on a 'REMOTE'!!

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 12-21-2006 at 12:26 AM.