View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I'm not sure if I'm getting your point... SC300s have smaller engines than SVXs (3.0L vs 3.3L). Plus, while you may be anti-mod, I think we got plenty of, err, Subaru tuners in the Mod Mania forum. (I was trying to think of a lower version of a Subaru, a la Lexus/Toyota, but I couldn't think of anything else. )

As for my personal intentions when buying an SVX? I probably shouldn't mention what kind of stuff I used to have on my old SVX...

As for the differences, forget the AWD... the windows are the deal-closer.
Don't mind me I was just rambling....yeah, visceral...windows. I have never been one to adhere to mainstream ideas in cars. Honda and Toyota and Ford and GM to me are all the same. Boring. Give me a Mazda RX2 -> Cosmo, oh yes. Or an AWD Hemi Magnum, oh yes. The rest...I am just indifferent to them. Subaru or SAAB pique my interest because they tend not to be mainstream and they don't care what anyone else thinks. Well, at least SAAB didn't until GM bought them.....isn't the ignition supposed to be in the floor on ALL SAABs? Sube and SAAB have had their quirky designs and they are not quite the same as all the rest. The old SAAB 900 Turbo was and is a blast to drive, rides on rails and you cannot find an easier clutch to change on any car, cause it is in the front !!!! Hey, I would have taken a BRAT over.....err...who else built anything like the BRAT? I guess that is how I see the SVX, ahead of it's time and still delivers the goods. Something tells me that the SVX draws more quizical (sp) today than an SC 300 or BMW 325is, but I have been wrong before.