View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 11:50 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
Well, lets see... About $275 for LEDs shipped, about $150 for circuit boards, then there is the issue of my time hand soldering in 576 individual components. $50 in electrical epoxy (to avoid dead rows like I have) Modifying the housings to accept the panels, etc.

So I should be able to start taking orders about mid 22nd century

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone on this board shelling out $500-600 for this conversion.

The next set I will do for the 5 speed, I will record step by step photos and instructions along with parts sources for anyone who wants to do it themselves.

Doug
hehe, i am waiting. I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it................................................ .... oh boy

I can do the board over here very easily, i have some friends who work in electricity and stuff and they have a machine to do that board. still i need the leds, Doug: I need each of the parts specs and if you can send close pics of them for me what to look for...

Xcellent job buddy..

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.