View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 08:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
i dont think it was sexist. theyre saying perhaps peoples attention shifts easily, and being there is a large population of males on this bored, its quite refreshing to see females participate. so generally the focus can change to them. but definitely not due to some imperialistic need to control the topic.

all in good fun.
so check my locker too!
Thank you... that is EXACTLY what I was trying (however apparently failing at) saying. I have no IDEA what was sexist... that is just ludicrous... I even said I was joking. I don't mind when threads go off topic... but it is true that a female will get more attention, especially on a car club. If you deny that, then that is just naive. I'm sorry if I angered anyone, but a bit frustrated that anyone would get defensive/angry over what I said.

I think it is nice to have women on the boards. Provides for another perspective on things... I wish I could find a girl who loved cars as much as I do! BTW, I think stuff is taken a bit too seriously around here sometimes. If everyone looks in depth at EVERYTHING said... what kind of boring, uptight world would we live in?

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment