View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Phil & Belha

Re: Memory dump of ECU

Somebody asked me how I produced the excel graph showing the maps in the ECU. Here is the procedure for anyone who wants to try it.

1) Extract your ROM to a file using the Snowmobile software.
2) Download the attached mapex.zip file and unzip it into the directory with the ROM file. There are two files, MAPEX.EXE and MAPEX.XLS

3) Run the MAPEX.EXE program to extract the maps into a CSV (comma separated values) file. You specify the filenames like this:
Code:
MAPEX SVXROM.HEX SVXROM.CSV
4) Then run Excel and open the SVXROM.CSV file and also the MAPEX.XLS. I am using Excel 2000.

5) Go to the CSV page. Highlight the Fuel Map, cells A4 through Q20 and click Copy. Now go to the MAPEX.XLS page, select the "Fuel Map" tab, highlight the cells A4 through Q20 and click Paste. The graph should update automatically.

6) Go to the CSV page. Highlight the Base Timing Map, cells A23 through Q39 and click Copy. Now go to the MAPEX.XLS page, select the "Base Timing Map" tab, highlight the cells A4 through Q20 and click Paste. The graph should update automatically.

7) Go to the CSV page. Highlight the Max Advance Map, cells A42 through Q58 and click Copy. Now go to the MAPEX.XLS page, select the "Max Advance Map" tab, highlight the cells A4 through Q20 and click Paste. The graph should update automatically.

I have set the default values in mapex.xls to the USDM maps that Nomake Wan sent me. If your ROM is from a USDM car, most likely they will be the same. However, if you have modified your maps in Rom Raider then you will be able to plot graphs of them using this method.

I've been thinking about trying the stock UK and USDM maps in my JDM car to see which set of maps gives the best performance. But I am busy at present so it will have to wait for a while.

Phil.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mapex.zip (162.7 KB, 434 views)
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II