View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdvs
Phil, you certainly are persistent!

When you wake up, it will, no doubt, occur to you that while your explanation of the problem is sufficient, it is not necessary, or even the most likely.

We need a sample of more than one '92 before any generalization may be more than hypothesized.

All that is known is that your '92 has a problem when using your connector. It might be a common problem, or not. It might be universal, or not. It might be the ECU, or not.

We're rooting for you!

Charl
Yes........... But I want to get data from MY car. So while it might not be necessary for you, it is necessary FOR ME.

My first thought was that my 92 ECU was faulty, so I tried connecting to another 92 belonging to a friend, and that one does exactly the same thing. I also had feedback from a club member in the USA who built an interface as per my instructions but couldn't get it to work on his 92. It did work on his 94 though. I agree that it is not conclusive, but there seems to be a problem with some ECUs and so far the problem ones have all been 92's. It makes sense to me to include an option in the software that will try to make sense of the corrupted data on cars that have this problem - even if it is just these three cars.

The JECS label on my 92 ECU says type "D2", and on the 94 it's "9A". It would probably be worthwhile for us to compile a list and see if there is any correlation between the ECU types and whether they return good or corrupted data.

Thanks for rooting for me.

Phil.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II

Last edited by b3lha; 06-02-2007 at 03:09 AM.